Legal traineeship abroad
Would you like to complete the elective stage of your legal traineeship abroad? GIZ offers you the chance to do just that. Find out below what we are looking for and how to apply.
What can you expect when you work abroad?
If you decide to complete the elective stage of your legal traineeship with GIZ abroad, you will be expected to carry out specific tasks independently under the guidance and supervision of an experienced staff member. This will give you an insight into international cooperation for sustainable development and GIZ’s projects. It will also allow you to complement your theoretical knowledge with hands-on experience of the working world.
What are the requirements?
- You have sound legal knowledge and have achieved above-average grades in the first German state examination for lawyers (a minimum of 8 points).
- You have a good command of a world language.
- You are interested in economics and development.
- You can present legal issues precisely and clearly.
- You have a high level of cultural sensitivity. You are a team player and work well under pressure, and you are willing to take on responsibility.
What sort of work will I be doing?
The objectives and specific tasks to be completed during the elective stage of your legal traineeship will be agreed individually and will tie in with the main focus of the project’s work.
When can I apply?
There are no set deadlines for applications. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Ulrike Taschbach with your possible application period. Afterwards she will send you a project list with contact data, so that you can apply directly by e-mail.